How To File A Hit And Run Insurance Claim?

How to File a Hit-and-Run Insurance Claim? 

If you’ve been involved in a hit-and-run accident, you may want to file a claim. This will provide you with compensation for the costs associated with the incident. However, you’ll need to know what to expect and how to do it. 

(Looking for a Car Accident Lawyer? Contact us Today! Click here: Automobile Collision Lawyer)

The first step is to contact your insurance company and make an appointment with a claims adjuster. Your insurer will ask you for specific details on the accident. For instance, you’ll need to describe the other vehicle. You’ll also need to describe the scene of the accident. These details can help your insurance company assess the damage and make sure that you’re covered. Also, your insurance company may contact other witnesses to get additional information. 

After you’ve contacted your insurer, you’ll need to report the accident to the police. Most states require that you do so within 24 hours of the crash. When you do so, you’ll have better chances of apprehending the at-fault driver and getting the information you need to file a claim. 

You can take pictures of the cars and other items at the accident scene. Take note of the license plate number, the color of the car, and other descriptive details. By taking photos, you can save yourself some time when it comes to making a police report. 

When you’re filing your claim, you’ll have to know whether you’re eligible to file a claim under your auto policy or with the other driver’s insurer. In some cases, you’ll have to pay a deductible, which is an amount of money that you must pay before your claim is approved. Other times, your insurance company will not require you to pay a deductible. 

The other driver’s insurance company will then decide whether or not to defend the claim. They will also determine the extent of legal responsibility. As a result, you can expect a settlement from your insurer or the other drivers. 

If you do not have your insurance, you can also file a claim with the MVAIC fund. This fund is run by an industry association and is designed to help crash victims. To qualify for the fund, you must be a New York resident and meet certain criteria. 

The process of filing an uninsured motorist claim is similar to any other claim you may have. The only difference is that you’ll need to have physical contact with the other vehicle to file your claim. 

You should also report the accident to the DMV. The DMV will send your information to the insurance company. The company will then request a copy of the police report. Make sure to keep copies of all of these records so that you can present them to your insurer later on. 

If you need assistance with your hit-and-run insurance claim, you can consult with a seasoned NY hit-and-run attorney. A skilled lawyer will be able to negotiate with your insurer and ensure that you receive all the compensation you’re owed. 

How To File A Hit And Run Insurance Claim? | Montag Law